The Lonely Hearts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Unban Appeal, Martin Redwood

+3
Arteh
TheHolySilver
Martin Redwood
7 posters

Go down

Le Unban Appeal, Martin Redwood Empty Le Unban Appeal, Martin Redwood

Post by Martin Redwood Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

So, I insulted this NW guy (Can't recall the name), he said "Tax or die (Fail RP)". Naturally, I attack and kill him, THEN all his faction mates came out and started attacking Lady Highstone and I. As I'm retreating/killing them, Judge Ali comes from behind and slays me. I went back and asked why he did that, he claimed I was RDMing and metagaming, when in-fact, I was killing people who were attacking ME. I explained what happened, my faction explained what happened and all he had to say was, "They have a Video." Mhhhkay. I ask for a refund, he says "You're not getting anything." SO, I attack him AND HERE WE ARE! Perma-Banned because of a Badmin!

Also, he only got their side of the story. He never came to me asking what was going on, instead he just slays me.

pig Martin Redwood pig
Martin Redwood
Martin Redwood

Back to top Go down

Le Unban Appeal, Martin Redwood Empty Re: Le Unban Appeal, Martin Redwood

Post by TheHolySilver Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Admins tend to get in other people's rp business and interrupts it and ends up ruining it. I've experienced this a couple of times. It is against admin guidelines to interfere in a mass fight. But heck admins don't give a sh*t, they go do it anyways, and punish the person who is in the right (in this case, you). I also don't blame you for attacking Ali, I would of too.

TheHolySilver

Back to top Go down

Post by Arteh Mon May 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Ok, lets see. The first line in your appeal is irrelevant to the situation. You were killing the people who were attacking you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rUMdiiuupM

From what I see is that you came out of nowhere, with no RP and without being at war you started swinging at him for no apparent reason. Therefore I had slain you for that.

Continuing on, you asked for a refund and I said no and then you started swinging at me and the people around me. Calling me a 'Badmin' does not make this appeal any better for you either as I was just doing my job based off of evidence and as most people would say, I am quite lenient however my patience runs low with these situations. The server does not need ragers who go into a childish tantrum when they do not get their way. Have a good day!

Appeal Denied.

Arteh

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Redwood Mon May 13, 2013 9:23 pm

The Video shows someone shooting at my companion, so you can't say I "jumped out of nowhere" because I was defending her. You also can't say I didn't RP it out because the archer clearly didn't either.

"I was just doing my job based off of evidence and as most people would say", what most people would say is referring to the Faction I slaughtered due to their attacks. What my faction says to defend me clearly didn't matter in the situation.

As I explained in the post, the fight started because their Lord attempted to tax ("Tax or die") me. After he ran I followed him and killed him. When I was retreating his men attacked me.

I swung at you due to your stupidity in the situation, the other two I had no quarrel with until they started to attack me.

pig Martin Redwood pig
Martin Redwood
Martin Redwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Arteh Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 pm

He wasn't shooting at you, and it was war which did not involve your faction nor was there an alliance tag to show you were allied. I'm basing my judgement off of this video as this is the only source of evidence, if you have any evidence put it forward please. I got around 5-6 complaints on you last night in TS by a group of players.

You say that their lord taxed you which led to you attacking them? well you just admitted to meta-gaming as he is wearing nothing that associates him with the faction of whose Lord taxed you Which regardless gives you no right to No-RP kill their faction members without war being declared. He was shooting arrows at you and people around you? I can see you slowly creep up on him with your steel shield. The arrows were not anywhere near you and you did not see who they were going to unless you RPly have eyes on the back of your head. Your companion was also really far away and in a blue dress and from your location all you could see was the back of her head.

You did not get perma-banned because of this, you got slain because of this. You got perma-banned because of your response to this which consisted of swinging at me and other players around me. I do not tolerate that type of behavior.

Arteh

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolan_Glendor Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 pm

I was there for this whole thing, you slayed him without saying a word to him, and not even getting his side of the story? Some admining there buddy, thats the same thing that ruined NA Official.

You say you will not tolerate bullshit behavior, I get that, but what do you expect when you act like a power hungry little child who will not even look fully into problems before passing your all knowing justice on us poor little mortals. That has been a problem since this server went up, admins looking half way into complaints, getting one side of the story, and SLAY! I is admin protecting the players who bitch because they got their ass kicked or something. It happens all the time.

Do dumb shit as an admin, expect dumb shit back, only fair.

Legolan_Glendor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arteh Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 pm

I have seen the whole thing, and there was no justifying it. It was a blatant RDM for which a slay was in order. Being bias and registering an account on this exact day to help your buddy is not going to help. The verdict is final and he will stay banned. Can't keep everyone happy when it isn't in their favor. You also need to understand the definition of power hungry, being slanderous and vindictive isn't going to get you anywhere.

Oh and also, some contradiction right here man, I remember when you were being RDM'd and I teleported to you to see this guy swinging at you for no reason, I asked him to stop but he ran away and I had slain him for that, at that point it was no 'some admining there buddy'. It's easy to judge things from a bias perspective such as yours as you will have differentiating views on the situation as he is your friend, and you seen it from 'your' perspective. I on the other hand was invisible and watching the whole situation, I was not leaning towards either side. If banning raging players ruins the server, well, then tough.

Arteh

Back to top Go down

Post by Arteh Mon May 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Oh, also. If you wish to discuss this further with me you can come on to Teamspeak and we can continue this discussion, with other Admins as well.

gallium.typefrag.com:24165 <-- TS IP

Arteh

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Redwood Tue May 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Arteh wrote:He wasn't shooting at you, and it was war which did not involve your faction nor was there an alliance tag to show you were allied. I'm basing my judgement off of this video as this is the only source of evidence, if you have any evidence put it forward please. I got around 5-6 complaints on you last night in TS by a group of players.

You say that their lord taxed you which led to you attacking them? well you just admitted to meta-gaming as he is wearing nothing that associates him with the faction of whose Lord taxed you Which regardless gives you no right to No-RP kill their faction members without war being declared. He was shooting arrows at you and people around you? I can see you slowly creep up on him with your steel shield. The arrows were not anywhere near you and you did not see who they were going to unless you RPly have eyes on the back of your head. Your companion was also really far away and in a blue dress and from your location all you could see was the back of her head.

You did not get perma-banned because of this, you got slain because of this. You got perma-banned because of your response to this which consisted of swinging at me and other players around me. I do not tolerate that type of behavior.

I never said he was shooting at me, I specifically said, "The Video shows someone shooting at my companion". My companion was also in my faction and we weren't at war. The video shows an archer Meta-gaming off TS and shooting at her, therefore the archer is in the wrong.

I refer to the NW guy as their Lord in the Forum, not in-game. After I killed him for taxing/threatening me, his faction mates attacked us (No-RP on their part) so we fought back. After the archer shot her, I looked for him, found him, and killed him.

Your move, Ali. Razz

Martin Redwood
Martin Redwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloaked_Man Tue May 14, 2013 1:13 pm

In all honesty when I have looked over the video multiple times, Martin is right. The Archer DID metagame in order to get into the fight and DID NOT roleplay one word. I am not saying that all of Martin's actions were justified because in my opinion even if your faction is fighting someone else and not at war they should still roleplay into the fight just like everyone else should. I do not believe the first slay was justified to solely Martin and not both and I understand that Martin would be angry but a response to it would be uncalled for when instead you can complain on the forums. That is one thing I have heard a lot about Ali is being to quick to judge and getting a little trigger happy. Especially when this is Martin's first issue that I have heard of I do not believe that it would deserve a perm ban. These are all just my opinions, I was not admining at the time so I don't have all the information.
Cloaked_Man
Cloaked_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammo Tue May 14, 2013 3:37 pm

I agree the situation was not well handled, the two suspected randomers seemed to be in right. For they had a justified reason to attack for they were being robbed. The people who attacked them were in the wrong, for they got defeated due to bad RP and bad combat skill. They then were screaming into their mics about screen shots and videos of them getting killed. I saw them attack Martin before he attacked anyway by a horseman. The archer was also shooting in Martins immediate direction the whole time, so it can be seen as an act of hostility. I have seen multiple accounts of people getting admin favoritism like this before, following around their TS friends and when they get killed due to their bad RP, the admin sides with his TS group and bans the victims, without hearing their side. It seems whenever some crappy Role Player gets killed on this server, he complains to the admins with random screen shots that don't show anything, getting the real victims banned/Slayed. ... Sigh, this is what can ruin PW sometimes.
Tammo
Tammo

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Redwood Tue May 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh look! They removed the Video, probably because it shows no evidence against me, but rather against themselves!
Martin Redwood
Martin Redwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Yeah, I see no point keeping you banned. I removed you from the ban list, you should be good to go. Sorry it took so long. I found it strange that Martain would be banned. As far as I have seen, you are a good RPer and a pretty legit dude to hang out with. This is why I am trying to get my admins to let fights finish before taking action.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lonelyheartspw.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down