The Lonely Hearts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map Changes and Banking

4 posters

Go down

Map Changes and Banking Empty Map Changes and Banking

Post by OperaticOcelot Wed May 01, 2013 8:53 pm

I feel like something needs to be discussed: Frequency of map changes and lack of banking.

The past few days have been rather... confusing, to be honest. The map has changed several times, often getting worse with each "update". I won't even mention the Game of Thrones map, as we only played there for one night, if that, but Praven keeps getting changed, and I fear it's getting worse and worse. Not only is the only way to get a horse with armor to ride to Milturn and hope to god someone is there, but you must also pray to the gods that they will not charge you 50,000 denars for a charger. I like that new things are being added, new castles and whatnot, but at this point it's just getting sloppy. The ruins from the old town watch, the lack of walls around the mine, the addition of a huge spartanesque castle. It all just feels wrong. Oftentimes, change is great. But in the case of PW, I don't think it is, necessarily. Especially such frequent change.

Frequent changes are a problem, because you could be on one morning, make a fortune by mining or weaving, and then come back later that night to find that all of your money is gone. "Put it in the bank, you idiot," you might say. Well, I'd gladly open an account, but I've played for upwards of eight hours without a single announcement about banking, all the while admins are on. I often find myself ignored if I ask about it. If not ignored, I'm told they don't feel like banking at the moment, or they're too busy. Where I can understand this if the server has upwards of 50 people on it, I don't really see the problem if the server has 5 people on it, 3 of which are asking if they can bank so they can get off and get on with their actual day.

I would be absolutely fine with changing from sloppy map to sloppy map so long as I could at least keep my gold with me, but alas, nobody will bank it. I think a solution to this is necessary, and I think there's a pretty easy fix.

• Change the map every other week as opposed to every other day.
  • Have regularly scheduled banking.
  • Have designated banking admins.
OperaticOcelot
OperaticOcelot

http://steamcommunity.com/id/operaticocelot/

Back to top Go down

Map Changes and Banking Empty Re: Map Changes and Banking

Post by Spartacus10 Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm

1st the reason why the horses are controlled by a faction is because they double the price (improves rp and also enables haggling) and also if u have herd if u do not like the prices provided you may occupy the town and get horses at their prices.

we are having problems getting new maps. we thought everyone would like holy lands but we were wrong and thus we changed it back to praven. I just got contacted by a mapper who is currently making a map for us so if everything goes well we should have a whole new map in 2-3 weeks

with the banks there is usually a bank before each reset and you can also ask for a bank in admin chat.
Spartacus10
Spartacus10
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightC Thu May 02, 2013 12:39 pm

The addition of the ladders has gone a long way to fix the situation with the horse monopoly.

However let me say, for a town that's main focus is supposed to be breeding horses and making food.. they are often enough out of both.. If people are in the faction they should be doing more work and less standing around, guards excluded of course.

NightC

Back to top Go down

Post by OperaticOcelot Thu May 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Every time I ask for a bank I'm ignored entirely or I'm told they're too busy. Usually the former. I'm never on before resets, because I don't know when the resets are and therefore can't bank then.

How does doubling the price improve RP? RP is not just about making money, and like NightC said, they're always out of horses anyway.
OperaticOcelot
OperaticOcelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartacus10 Thu May 02, 2013 4:07 pm

always out of horses? have you gone loopy? occasionaly the saddles and sumpters would go out of stock but it was rare when i saw any horse in the back go out of stock and also it is good rp say a merchant buys a horse for 1800 he will raise his price accordingly to make profit and thus haggling gets involved people just dnt like getting jipped like in the rl Wink
Spartacus10
Spartacus10
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OperaticOcelot Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 am

It's awful RP. It ruins RP just so you can make money. If anything, castles should be the only places with armored horses, not some small village. Milturn should only be a village of production. One that stocks resources and tools, not of heavily armored horses. I can understand production of cart and sumpter horses, but everything else should belong to its respective castle based on the culture of that castle. The only thing it benefits is your coin purse. You're rationalizing by calling it good RP, exactly what it is not.
OperaticOcelot
OperaticOcelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 03, 2013 12:11 pm

In medieval times, horses were rare. Either way, I will give the more rare breeds back on the next update, but don't think they will be cheaper. An armored charger would really only be given to a noble. The fact you had a horse at all in those times was a godsend, as they were useful in armies, so the lords monopolized them. I will make a castle stables in each town, and it will still be really expensive to buy them. The point is to not have 30 people running around on plated chargers. It gets stupid hearing, "Hey your a knight?" "yeah me too!" "Everybody gets to be a knight!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lonelyheartspw.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by OperaticOcelot Fri May 03, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm fine with prices being through the roof so long as it's not one person from a tiny village controlling them.
OperaticOcelot
OperaticOcelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum